Jon & Jon Consultng is committed to protecting the medical officer’s privacy and ascribes to the National Privacy Principles associated with the Commonwealth Privacy (Private Sector) Act 1988 as amended 14 September 2006.
Scope and Application
Collection of information
- The personal details Jon & Jon Consulting will collect from an application includes information such as
- Email address,
- Telephone number,
- Employment history,
- A resume.
- This list, however, is not conclusive and is open to change.
- In the course of identifying suitable employment opportunities, Jon & Jon Consulting will make enquiries of referees whose names have been provided to Jon & Jon Consulting
- This information will be added to that which Jon & Jon Consulting already holds on the medical officer.
- Jon & Jon Consulting will always provide a copy of all personal information held, should it be requested by the medical officer
- If the medical officer requests Jon & Jon Consulting to delete all information held on them from our database, Jon & Jon Consulting will do so.
- The medical officer can access Jon & Jon Consulting home page and browse the site without disclosing personal data and can save information collected by the cookies
- Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to a computer’s hard disk for record keeping purposes.
- Cookies are useful to estimate the number of members, determine overall traffic patterns through our website and helps Jon and Jon Consulting to continue improving our website.
Use and disclosure of personal information
- Jon and Jon Consulting may collect personal and sensitive information from the medical officer. This personal and sensitive information will be used in connection with an actual or possible work placement as well as Jon and Jon Consulting’s assessment of the medical officer’s ongoing performance and prospects. This information could be in the form of:
- Results of inquiries that Jon and Jon Consulting might make of former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body;
- Results of any competency or medical tests;
- Performance feedback (whether positive or negative);
- Additional information which the medical officer has provided to Jon and Jon Consulting
- Personal information may be disclosed to:
- Potential and actual employers and clients of Jon and Jon Consulting;
- Other consultants at Jon and Jon Consulting in connection with possible employment opportunities;
- Any person or body with a lawful entitlement to obtain information.
- If the medical officer does not provide Jon and Jon Consulting with the information sought, Jon and Jon consulting may be limited in our ability to locate suitable employment
- Medical officer details will not be disclosed to any person, body or organisation for any purpose other than the primary purpose of us holding your information, that being the securing of employment for you.
Contacting the Medical officer
- Jon and Jon Consulting may contact the medical officer by the email, telephone or any other contact method, which have been provided in order to:
- Advise as to the progress of an application;
- Respond to a request for information or a product or service;
- Seek permission to pass on the medical officers resume for a potential placement or employment opportunity;
- Provide the medical officer with updated information about our website, and
- Provide the medical officer with information about our products and services which you may find of use.
- If the medical officer is receiving promotional information about Jon and Jon Consulting and does not wish to receive this information any longer, the medical officer may remove their name from the Jon ad Jon Consulting list either by visiting our website and following the instructions on how to withdraw information from that website (where that facility is available), or e-mailing Jon & Jon Consulting at firstname.lastname@example.org and asking to be removed from the mailing list.
- Jon & Jon Consulting will review, on a regular and ongoing basis, its collection and storage practices to ascertain how improvements to accuracy can be achieved.
- Jon & Jon Consulting will take steps to destroy or de-identify Personal Information after as short a time as possible and after a maximum of seven years, unless the law requires otherwise.
- Jon & Jon Consulting requires employees and contractors to perform their duties in a manner that is consistent with Jon & Jon Consulting’s legal responsibilities in relation to privacy.
- Jon & Jon Consulting will take all reasonable steps to ensure that paper and electronic records containing Personal Information are stored in facilities that are only accessible by people within Jon & Jon Consulting who have a genuine “need to know” as well as “right to know”.
- Jon & Jon Consulting will review, on a regular and ongoing basis, its information security practices to ascertain how ongoing responsibilities can be achieved and maintained.
Access and correction
- Jon & Jon Consulting will allow its records containing Personal Information to be accessed by the individual concerned in accordance with the Privacy Act.
- Jon & Jon Consulting will correct its records containing Personal Information as soon as practically possible, at the request of the individual concerned in accordance with the Privacy Act.
- Individuals wishing to lodge a request to access and/or correct their Personal Information should do so by e-mailing Jon & Jon Consulting at email@example.com and Jon & Jon Consulting will amend the record.
- If the medical officer wishes to have their personal information deleted, this needs to be done by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and Jon & Jon Consulting will take all reasonable steps to delete it unless it is needed to kept it for legal reasons
- Jon & Jon Consulting will not normally charge a fee for processing an access request
- Jon & Jon Consulting Consultants will be the first point of contact for inquiries about privacy issues. Individuals wishing to make an inquiry or complaint regarding privacy should do so by contacting email@example.com
- Jon & Jon Consulting websites will contain a prominently displayed privacy statement